Deadline extended till: 15 March,2021
SAARC Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS Centre
Thimi, Bhaktapur, Nepal
Call for Expression of Interest for small research grants, 2021
SAARC Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS Centre (STAC) seeks to accelerate the progress toward achieving Sustainable Development Goals with a vision to make the SAARC region free of TB and HIV/AIDS and the mission to support the efforts of National TB and HIV/AIDS Control Programmes through evidence based policy guidance, coordination and technical support.
We are pleased to announce the opportunity for interested research institutions to submit brief Expression of Interest (EOIs) for research proposals related to the area of “Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS Diseases.”
This grant will be awarded for research focused on either surveillance/program evaluation, policy gaps or any other program related small study. The grants awarded for projects related to Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS Diseases under this program will be approximately US$ 10,000 and will be funded through the SAARC Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS Centre, Nepal. Please note that final awards may be less than the maximum amount of US$10,000 but not exceeding that. This announcement does not make any implicit or explicit guarantee of awards against EOIs/proposals submitted.
The implementation period for all projects proposed under this EOI of 2021 will be valid for maximum of 6 months, to be initiated and completed during the period April 1 to September 30, 2021. Also, please note that applicants are restricted to submitting a maximum of two (2) EOI for projects related to “Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS Diseases” accompanied with a letter of support/forwarding by the National Tuberculosis and/or HIV/AIDS control program.
Who can apply?
- Research institutions ( public research institutions / government organizations / universities / national TB and HIV/AIDs programs) from SAARC member states who have the experience of working in the field are eligible to apply
- Applicants/Research organizations should preferably identify an in-country subject matter expert (SME) (preferably at the national TB or HIV/AIDS program) who will serve as the in-country direct supervisor for the project for the duration of the grant
Area of focus for the proposed projects:
- Improving the screening and diagnosis of TB including Latent TB and Drug resistance TB
- Prevention of TB especially in people living with HIV
- Gender and social determinants of TB and /or HIV/AIDS
- Evaluate and optimize the strategies to improve the case finding and reducing barriers to diagnose, treatment access for TB and/or HIV/AIDS
- Evaluation of public health programs such as advocacy programs; Infection prevention and control (IPC) practices etc.
- Public health impact of the pandemic on the TB and/or HIV/AIDS program
- Any other identified policy /program gaps in TB and/HIV/AIDS
Check list for submitting the EOI
- A cover letter
- Complete Project proposal mentioning the Principle /co-investigators along with their affiliation, contact e-mail address, signature; concept note with budget breakdown and projected timeline
- A CV of the Principle investigator/s
- An organizational profile if it is from other than the National Programme (TB or HIV/AIDS)
- Support letter from the relevant National program (TB or HIV/AIDS)
- Contact details of the focal person identified for the proposed study
Interested eligible research organizations are requested to submit the EOI/s, with complete supporting documents, to the following e-mail addresses, within 15 March,2021:
Click here to download the file : Expression of Interest for small research grants-2021